09 July 2009

The Girlfriend Experience (Steven Soderbergh, 2009)

7/10
It was pretty good. Some parts I enjoyed more than others but overall I liked it. I thought Sasha Grey did a good job for a first feature movie (not that much was asked of her either) and the guy playing her boyfriend was good too. The story is interesting, but I was disappointed Soderbergh decided to tell it with a narrative that jumps around - I dunno, am I the only one getting sick of this device? It's obviously not a new thing but it just seems like a bit of a cop out now.
Anyway considering the tiny budget of the movie and the fact that it was shot in less than a month, it was still impressive. I wouldn't go out of my way to recommend it but if you're looking for something a bit different you might enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment