26 July 2010

Inception (Christopher Nolan, 2010)

9/10
Definitely a lot of fun, and some fantastic visuals. I find Nolan's movies often tie themselves up into knots but Inception avoided that admirably right up until the end when I suppose he just couldn't resist the temptation to leave things somewhat open-ended. Wasn't a fan of that. I thought the dual stories sat together somewhat awkwardly and took a long time to gel, and I was never really invested emotionally in the characters. But I guess it's easier to talk about what I didn't like. Otherwise it was a really great, really fun, really interesting movie that, in a perfect world, is what all summer blockbusters would aspire to be. I didn't love it, but I liked it a lot. I'm sure people keep waiting for the Nolan Midas touch to wear off, and it certainly had potential to here...but nope, not yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment