07 January 2009

Slumdog Millionaire (Danny Boyle & Loveleen Tandan, 2008)

8.5/10
The acting was really good (by either the kids, the teenagers, or the adults), soundtrack was exceptional and the way the story is written and how it comes together in the end was really clever. It's a nice, simple (even old-fashioned) story told in a very refreshing manner. The Bollywood-style musical scene at the end was the best part IMO.
I "only" gave it an 8 because for a long time at the start I found it hard to care about Jamal and what happens to him...the movie did eventually make me come around very quickly at the end but there were parts where I felt it dragged a bit because I just wasn't particularly interested in what was happening to Jamal (mainly in his pre-teen days). It was one of those movies that relies a lot on its ending to deliver and it did because it was so well put-together.

No comments:

Post a Comment