14 August 2008

Harold & Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay (Jon Hurwitz & Hayden Schlossberg, 2008)

7.5/10
Not as good as the first one but still had some laughs...I didn't really like the idea of escaping from Guantanamo Bay in the first place (seemed a little too out there compared to the banality of going to White Castle, which was why the first one was so great IMO) but it turned out okay. I will echo another criticism I heard mentioned here in that Rob Coddry's character was too easy, too expected...I dunno, I don't find much of that whole "ironically conservative/over-the-top patriotic" thing the Daily Show spawned very funny. The scene with Ed Helms playing the interpreter who doesn't understand Harold and Kumar's parents despite the fact that they're speaking English is a prime example of that. Lame, stupid, and too easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment