23 March 2015

The Purge (James DeMonaco, 2013)

6.5/10
This was better than expected, although not a classic by any means. Maybe if I had seen more from this recent spate of home invasion horrors I would have been more bored by this one than I was. It takes a pretty ridiculous (although thought-provoking enough) premise and hones it in on one family, which I understand a lot of people didn't like. I enjoyed the "moral dilemma" of the film and admittedly had fun imagining such a scenario in real life. Although it has to be stated that for this film to work the way it unfolds, a lot of people have to do a lot really stupid or really illogical or really uncharacteristic things, so it's definitely a bit of a groaner at times. But as far as entertainment goes, it was passable.

No comments:

Post a Comment